April 05, 2011

Team Lotus Demo in Putrajaya 2nd April



On 2nd April 2011, Team Lotus held a demo at Dataran Putrajaya, Precint 3, WP Putrajaya. The event, jointly organized by Team Lotus, SIC and Putrajaya took place on the main street in front of the Palace of Justice. What an awesome place for a demo right? This is also the first time the public is able to catch the Lotus T128 belting four laps around Precint 3. And not to mention, check out two of Team Lotus' good looking drivers, Jarno Trulli and Heiki Kovalainen.

 Jarno Trulli and Heiki Kovalainen

I actually went to the demo because I was one of the 5 lucky fans to win the Team Lotus garage tour. I was supposed to reach the location at 10.40am but at 9.40am, Mabel of Team Lotus called me to inform that I can bring a friend along because one of the other winners couldn't make it for the tour. And who else would I bring if not my uncle? He is a HUGE fan of F1 (and all other sorts of cars too). I was 5 minutes late though, because I had to pick him up and find parking at a place I hardly go to in a year. I can count with one hand the times I go to Putrajaya yearly. LOL!

 In garage

Oh, it was a hot afternoon but by the time the demo was supposed to start, it got a little cloudy. We had to wait for the VIPs to arrive first before the event can start. The event was graced by the presence of Sports Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Shabery Cheek, Datuk Seri Tony Fernandes, Datuk Mokhzani Mahathir and others.

Photobucket
Ready... Get set... Go!

But enough of that, let's just check out the cars eh?





There were Malaysian Super Series (MSS) parade, drift demonstration, pocket bike and a supermotard stunt display. However, I didn't stay long enough for the bike shows. My skin was already red like a lobster because I forgot to put on sunblock and I was also busy eating by then. Plus, am not much of a bike fan.

But you know what? That's not important. What you should know though is that Formula One is back and Sepang International Circuit will be open in less than 3 days! So, have you purchased your tickets yet? Go get it here ASAP. Do check out Team Lotus website (or try to find my photo in there!) for updates. More photos of the demo can be found at my FB page.

♥♥♪♫¸.·´¯`·.¸♡♥♥ First Two Commenter ♥♥♪♫¸.·´¯`·.¸♡♥♥

Related Posts with Thumbnails