May 24, 2010

Brittany Murphy's Husband found dead not 5 months after she died!


I didn't know how to react when I read this news - "Brittany Murphy's husband died of cardiac arrest".

Simon Monjack & Brittany Murphy

It was only 5 months ago when Brittany Murphy had left us after going into cardiac arrest on December 20, 2009 at the Los Angeles home she shared with her husband and mother. It was later stated that the primary cause of her death was pneumonia while secondary causes includes iron-deficiency anemia and multiple drugs intoxication. She was only 32 years old when she died.

Her husband, Simon Monjack, a British screenwriter, was devastated when she died, stating that she was his best friend and soul mate. He looked torn on the day of the funeral and was inconsolable after her death.

And now, I read the news that he is also dead at the same house she died in Hollywood Hills and his death is still under investigation.

I'm like, WHOA!

Do you believe in true love? Can a death of the person you love most consume you so badly that you slowly deteriorate and eventually die too? I was thinking, can I ever handle it if someone I love most leave before me? The answer is simple - no. I know I would die too. Die of heartbreak. At this point and the heavy things weighing on my heart, I'm not too far off already.

Yet people always talk about love that stands the test of time and even the universe. Will you really meet the one you love in the after-life again? Will you love that person the same way you did in this world, or would it be an undescribable unconditional type of love that nothing and no one can stand in between? Does that type of love exist anyway?

There was a couple, an old couple, in my family's village who had been married for nearly 60 years. They marry when they were young, arranged by their parents, way before Malaysia even had its name (it was still Tanah Melayu back then). I guess the patience they had for each other, the respect and the faith is what made their marriage rock-hard. They were always happy. In the husband's eyes, in his short-sighted slightly cataract 72-year old eyes, it always smile and lit up whenever his wife is nearby. And in the wife's wrinkly arthritic hands, they always found his hands to hold or his arm to touch. When she died, he seemed so lost. His children, grandchildren and even great-granchildren could not make his eyes lit up the way his late wife did. And a month later, (we said his wife's grave was still "merah"), he passed away too. Quietly in his sleep, just the way his wife did. It was a love story I envy. I really did. 

News of death is always a sad thing. Whatever the cause of the death, I hope both Brittany Murphy and Simon Monjack hadn't been in much pain. I hope the love they had for each other are the storybook-love type that will be remembered for a long long time.

13 comments:

Mariuca said...

:'( :'( :'( :'(

Mariuca said...

screamyx is killing me, so slow aiyoooooo >:o >:o >:o >:o >:o

Mariuca said...

This is shocking indeed Bella, wow keep me updated! :'( :'( :'(

Bluecrystaldude said...

Mine too! Geram nye! I am too lazy to look for my Celcom broadband modem though. Still haven't take it out from my luggages >:o

Bluecrystaldude said...

You know, I was skeptical at first when I read the news on how Britney Murphy's reaction on his wife death. I even remembered some people commented "this guy just want to cash out on Murphy's death" or "this guy can't stop talking about Murphy's death." Perhaps, some of us are indeed lucky enough to discover the truth love :) Sad, but touch :)

LV said...

pity them both.. but maybe its true what u said.. love gives us strength..

LV said...

condolences to the fans.. this is shocking =-O :(

Bella Enveeus said...

Yeah.. Sad isn't it? Another death in Hollywood.. Even the Slipknot bassist (Paul Gray) is found dead few days ago..

I'm not a fan of Slipknot but I've heard the music once a while..

Bella Enveeus said...

Love should give us strength.. But sometimes some people are strong... Whereas sometimes some people are not :(

Bella Enveeus said...

I think so. But Brittany and her husband is not like some super big shot in the entertainment industry right? I mean, she has some good movies but she also have some flopped ones.. Still, they seem happy.. Compared to the time she was with Ashton Kutcher.. If only we're also lucky to have found such a love, right? :)

Bella Enveeus said...

I was too tired to update on the Slipknot bassist who also died few days ago.. However, I am not their fan so, I'll let that pass.. Yup, shocking and sad too.. :(

Bella Enveeus said...

Yeah, was told server down or something.. I hate Streamyx. Bleurgh.. Dah la mahal.. We also have Wimax and Celcom Broadband so if Stremyx sux we use the other two.. But then, is it true that Maxis Broadband is better than Celcom?

Razz Momma said...

wow that story about the old couple, that's so touching.. i wish someone would lit up when they see me come into a room.. (maybe i shud tell my hub to keep a torchlight nearby.. :-P)

miss u girl.. glad uve found what ure looking for.. let's meet up soon ;)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails