June 29, 2010

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows coming soon!


Yes, I am binge blogging at the moment. Like I said in one of my tweets, I've got so many things to talk about but no mood to write them - until now, that is. So, come binge along with me. LOL!



I know the first part of this Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows movie is not coming to our shores until end of this year, but knowing that this will be the last book of the Harry Potter series and that we will be saying our goodbyes with Harry, Hermione and Ron mid next year for good, it just feels a little sad. 

Truth is, when the first Harry Potter movie came out, I didn't think I was going to fall in love with that little boy wearing the wire-rimmed glasses who sometimes looks quite lost. I didn't think I was going to love the little girl with the unruly hair too. And, well, what the heck, the ginger haired friend helped make the storyline so much more interesting. And of course, the idea of being able to talk to snakes just appeal to me. I don't know why, but I always thought it'd be cool to be able to speak to snakes.

I was once so caught up in the hoo-hah of it all that I even had their games, their official clothes and robes and at one point, I had a friend buy me a wand made of rosewood that looks pretty much like Professor Dumbledore's. Well, you can get almost anything off ebay nowadays. I didn't want to be a witch who conjures spells dancing around a big pot though. Modern day witches must have class and wands to whack their opponents in the head. LOL!




However, let's get back about Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I know it's somewhat darker than the other books. Having Ron imagining Harry "doing it" with Hermione is not a very pretty thing (wait, but I do want to see how they get that done. LOL!) and then having people die and finally finding out the truth on Severus Snape is somehow not the twist I was hoping for. But the part that I really cannot believe was in the end when Harry ends up with Ginny and Ron marries Hermione. I mean, come on! Can't he like marry someone else? I never liked Ginny - not since the big snake brought her to the chambers of secret!

OK, OK.. Whatever it is though, I CANNOT wait for the final chapter to enfold. I want to see how they make the fight scenes and the whole spells scenes. Hopefully David Yates is able to bring the book to life. And here I leave you guys with the trailer of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows.



13 comments:

Kelvin said...

Harry potter is not for children anymore XD

Razz Momma said...

Harryyyyyy!!

Razz Momma said...

he's cute in the first installment isn't he? love him! :)

Razz Momma said...

damn.. i'm not around there by then :(

yodz said...

This is my favorite {aside from Star Wars and The Three Towers}, but I find the magic more exciting when I'm reading the book version. I expect this time, they do it right in the movie.

LV said...

i love it! i can't wait for the last 2 installments.. it had been years and years...

feels like we grew up with these 3 kids

LV said...

oh and i remember how waiting felt like.. the same way i did with lord of the rings! :-P

Bella Enveeus said...

LOL! This is taking longer than LOTR! I hate waiting too.. :-D

Bella Enveeus said...

I think we're older than them hun.. HAHA! But yeah, it was quite a journey right? I definitely love Harry Potter coz it's like on a bigger scale. The whole directing, storyline and everything.. ;) ;)

Bella Enveeus said...

Yeah, I hope the same.. Even though the director is still the same as the last two Harry Potter installments but I hope it's better now and closer to the book rather than having to follow the director's idea of what's going on. I think most of the Harry Potter fans are expecting something more this time.

Bella Enveeus said...

You watch it over there then we share our reviews, how about that? ;)

Bella Enveeus said...

Who? Harry? :-D :-D :-D

Bella Enveeus said...

Yeah I know.. Coz the childrens that started on the first book are now grown ups and ready to experience the darker, more exciting Harry Potter! :-D

(which includes myself. LOL!)

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails